The Gymboree Creative Director leads an in-house, crossfunctional creative team of graphic designers, copywriters, and photo/video producers to concept and create a compelling brand experience across all customer touchpoints. The Creative Director (CD) guides the overall creative development and execution for Gymboree brand identity and voice direction. The CD provides seasonal creative inspiration with innovative execution across all channels, integrating the full customer experience, from window and store collateral to print and external advertising to ecommerce and social platforms. The ideal candidate loves storytelling and is comfortable in the fast-paced retail environment.
The CD works with the Gymboree business partners to understand business strategies and goals to ensure that creative deliverables meet all business objectives. The role also partners with a broader crossfunctional team, including visual merchandising, marketing, copy and ecommerce to evaluate and deliver brand-building and traffic-driving stories to customers. The CD must stay connected to emerging trends across retail, technology, fashion and parenting and ensure we are connected to customer.
What You’ll Do:
· Lead and drive seasonal creative direction in 5-6 campaigns a year (concept, visualization, art direction, talent selection, execution)
· Establish seasonal tool kits for crossfunctional team use in brand expression
· Partner with Visual to ensure in-store adoption and standards develop in store creative
· Manage direct team of 2 designers. Mentor and empower crossfunctional team of up to 8; inspire and develop ability to work within the brand voice and build compelling stories
· Collaborate with crossfunctional Merchant and Marketing teams to translate creative into clear, executable messages for advertising, ecommerce content, advertising, PR and social communications
· Own brand packaging experience in partnership with brand General Manager: labeling, transportation materials, in-store packaging
· Champion innovation and evolution of brand to stay relevant and compelling
· Present creative direction regularly with expert-level skills
What You Bring:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher and 10+ years’ experience in design or creative fields in fashion, retail and/or advertising environment
· 5+ years of digital experience, in addition to traditional creative experience
· Demonstrated success in developing and executing integrated and innovative marketing campaigns
· Proven track record in the ability to inspire, manage and develop creative talent
· Ability to develop and communicate a creative vision to both the Creative team and business partners
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to be decisive and flexible
· Passion for building compelling brands
· Ability to travel domestically (20%)
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
· Exceptional project management skills
· Strong sense of urgency and purpose in a fast-paced environment
· Love for working with kids and empowering them to own their style
Emerging Blue is an equal opportunity employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.