The Designer will support the Design Team in developing in-house products across all categories for our client, a funky, rebellious online fashion brand.
- Work closely with the buying and merchandising team to design category-specific product based on design direction given
- Create original flat sketches based on existing trends and mainstream designs as well as tech packs and revision notes using Adobe Illustrator
- Collect trend inspiration across all categories and stay consistently in tune with competitive brands and market trends
- Maintain library of original samples, proto samples, production samples and material/trim swatches
- Track samples and project WIPS by communicating with factories and maintaining WIP calendar and adhere to deadlines
- Interact with buyers and vendors to develop working partnership
- Perform other duties as required
- Understanding of our unique aesthetic and lifestyle
- College degree in Fashion Design required
- 3-4 years industry experience in fashion design required (apparel, footwear and/or bags/accessories)
- Ability to sketch computerized vector flats in Adobe Illustrator (hand sketching is a huge plus)
- Tech pack experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to wear multiple hats, multitask and prioritize work on a continual basis
- Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and hard work ethic
Emerging Blue is an equal opportunity employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.