Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Marketing will have strategic responsibilities for all marketing efforts. S/he is responsible for developing and implementing the strategies required for building the brand and supporting growth for our consumer direct and wholesale channels. As the company continues to grow, this position will assure the brand has a clear voice, stays true to its target consumer and remains consistent in messaging across all channels.
- Ensure brand consistency through all mediums.This includes the development of campaigns to support product and company brand initiatives.
- Reviews and refines current target consumer. Ensures the brand clearly speaks to them and delivers a consistent look and feel across all mediums, including social media.
- Assures all packaging is consistent with the brand identity and updates or eliminates any outdated packaging.
- Oversees the execution of digital and print trade advertising.
- Lay out a comprehensive go-to-market plan to support product initiatives each season, detailing how these initiatives will be supported and what marketing strategies will be used to reach each of the consumer segments.
- Ensures sales teams are armed with supportive collateral detailing the season’s marketing strategies
- Develop a strategic calendar of events that allow the business overall to understand where and when marketing campaigns will be launched
- Create a marketing guide for sales team at every product launch detailing the marketing strategies for the season and any supporting collateral the sales reps can utilize.
- Support in-store sales and merchandising.
- Accountable for all in-store fixturing and merchandising including pricing, design, refreshes, and inventory assortment.
- Partner with key accounts to ensure their fixtures are up to date and fit their unique needs.
- Manage and supply all in-store marketing to retailers and showrooms including in-store p.o.p. such as posters, signage, counter toppers, etc.
- Continuously research new innovations in this area and find inspiration from aspirational retailers.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators for all marketing campaigns
- Track and analyze campaign effectiveness and optimize as required to ensure overall success.
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative data sources to drive recommendations for current and new campaigns
- Establish and maintain budget for marketing department
- Identify means and incentives for increasing customer retention and repeat purchase, including content, rewards programs, and communications
- Create a focus group panel and conduct quarterly focus groups to gain consumer insights.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis to become well-versed in competitive landscape including campaigns, fixtures, packaging, and messaging
- Keep well-informed of industry and competitive trends; effectively communicate these trends to the organization and make recommendations as appropriate for new marketing approaches
- Support and manage PR communication
- Develop go to market plans in support of partnerships and program launches
- Ensures production of assets to support events, awards, and any PR campaign reflect brand
- Manages any ambassador or spokesperson program including contract and salary/royalties.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in creating successful marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage department budget.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of marketing management experience within consumer product industry.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve a cohesive outcome from a number and variety of sources.
- Proficient understanding of the following Adobe creative suite applications: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- A solid understanding of the sales process and market channels; including trends, technologies used and market players.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Demonstrated strong executive level oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
- Self-directed, exceptional organizational and time management skills and high attention to detail.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Face-to-face, telephone, email, Skype and formal written communication with prospects, customers, Rep Groups and all levels of coworkers requires an ability to clearly express oneself as well as perceive and exchange ideas.
- The employee is required to maintain a calm and professional demeanor while handling multiple priorities.
- The employee is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions, working primarily in an office environment.
As part of our Clients team, located in Michigan City, IN. you'll be entitled to a great list of benefits including (but not limited to) competitive compensation package, medical, dental, vision, disability, generous paid time off, 401k with profit sharing, charitable paid days, discounted product purchases, on-site fitness area, game room that includes ping pong, television, and comfy couches, and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy drinks and snacks!
Voted one of the best places to work in Indiana for 2016!
Our Client is a leading designer and marketer of innovative, expressive reading glasses and sunglasses for both men and women. Inspired by fashion, Peepers offers hundreds of designer styles without the designer price. We emphasize fashion, style, quality and offer a wide range of alternatives to traditional drug store reading glasses and sunglasses.
Our Client has earned a reputation for high quality, innovative design and editorially acclaimed fashion in publications such as O, The Oprah Magazine, Good Housekeeping, US Weekly, The New York Times, Gifts & Decorative Accessories and numerous other consumer and industry media outlets.