Our client in the Outdoor Industry is seeking a temporary Product Developer to start ASAP. This role will be based out of their office in Alameda, CA.
- Manages the development process of company product lines as assigned.
- Manages the logowear artwork strike-off submission and approval process.
- Plans and tracks the development schedule of all products and strike-offs to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Ensures both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all products falling under their responsibilities.
- Develops products, recommends materials, and construction techniques that meet Design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined gross margin targets.
- Ensures execution of fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication, adherence to fit standards, and use of block patterns.
- Creates the specifications for the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, and samples associated with the product and related programs.
- Partners with Product and Material Sourcing and manufacturers to develop new materials, construction techniques, printing techniques, processes, and samples used to create innovative and technically superior products each season.
- Interacts with Product Director, Product Manager, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Quality Assurance to distribute product technical details and assure the accuracy, legality, and integrity of all product performance claims.
- Works with Quality Assurance to develop artwork standards, tolerances, and care label verbiage.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Design/Product Development in a medium or large size company, preferably in the outdoor industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing, or Degree or Certification in apparel design, construction, and/or patternmaking, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of graphic techniques, textile properties, testing, dyeing, finishing, manufacturing or other textile fundamentals
- Solid knowledge of fit, patternmaking, and construction expertise, and knowledge of manufacturing processes