We are looking for a Financial Analyst for our client, a prestige beauty brand, to support the Director of FP&A and CFO. As a part of the finance team, you will be focused on providing the business partners with exceptional support, while having the unique opportunity for meaningful exposure to senior executives, vendors, and everything in between.
What We'll Expect:
- Partner with Director of FP&A and key stakeholders to produce the annual budget, 3-year strategic plan, and monthly rolling forecast including balance sheet and cash flow forecasting.
- Develop and maintain revenue and expense models, as well as develop new tools in anticipation of business growth.
- Own month-end close process and partner with accounting and department heads to determine real vs timing variances; ensuring completeness of accruals and correct booking of expenses.
- Responsible for month-end reporting of results.
- Support Director of FP&A & CFO with ongoing decision support, modeling, and adhoc analysis as needed to evaluate investment opportunities, drive sales and/or reduce expense.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of business issues, strategies, and risks and profitability opportunities.
What You'll Bring:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Finance, and 3 - 4 years in corporate finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience in Finance (Budgeting, Performance Reporting, and Financial analysis).
Advance excel skills; enjoys synthesizing complex data sets, models, and variance analysis.
You are self-directed, thrive in ambiguous situations, and love to take charge of complex tasks with minimal direction.
You are excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, and to be a key partner as we scale the company.
Background in retail or in start-up environment, experience in demand sales planning a huge plus.
You are eager to develop new ways of approaching business challenges independently and pro-actively.
You have excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with financial systems a plus (Netsuite, SAP, Hyperion, TM1, BPC, etc.)