As Controller, you will be a key leader for the financial operations of our client's rapidly growing company, a prestige beauty brand. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team. You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, early-stage environment with the ability to work cross functionally across the organization.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with standard GAAP accounting and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Serve treasury function, tracking monthly bank reconciliation and ensuring proper controls and investment strategies for cash on hand
- Track and ensure payment of sales and use taxes, along with necessary registrations with various state and local agencies
- Own relationship with Audit Firm and comply with all Bank and Board Directed Audits
- Be aware of changes in accounting compliance and technical requirements that affect the organization and implement accordingly.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversee, coach and continue to develop an accounting team of two direct reports
- Develop accounting systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Identify and recommend to CFO any financial opportunities to improve financial and cash management
- Develop, manage, and build a top tier team that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance and a min of 3+ years of experience where you have independently managed accounting processes
- Prior experience as Controller or finance leader in fast-growing company preferred.
- Accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required
- CPA Required
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling ability
- Flexible and creative, with ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly. Relentlessly resourceful and diligent
- Strategic perspective – ability to integrate finance, human resources and legal perspectives into accounting and other decision-making in the company
- Exceptional work ethic and the willingness and ability to “roll up sleeves”
- Strong track record of successfully motivating, developing, and helping people reach their full potential