Our client, Manduka, is seeking a talented Account Executive to join their Sales team responsible for driving sales in the Specialty / Ecommerce channel. The Account Executive is responsible for driving sales and building relationships with our existing customers as well as drive acquisition of new accounts in specialty and ecommerce channels. As the lead representative for our customers in the territory, the Account Executive will execute our sales strategies to drive sell-in and sell-thru. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully sell in seasonal and core products through both pre-booked and at-once orders. Analyzing the business to ensure maximum profitability for the customer and Manduka is essential in driving success. Product categories include yoga mats, yoga towels, props & accessories and our men’s and women’s apparel collections. We’re seeking candidates who love to sell, enjoy working with customers, can discover new business and are self-starters with discipline to be self-motivated and have a passion for the yoga/fitness industry.
This position reports into the Key Account Manager.
· Work collaboratively with multiple internal teams to develop sales strategy within the territory. The sales strategy will identify opportunities for growth by category, number of accounts, target account list, and market potential.
· Develop and implement sell-in strategies by account in the specialty retail channel and activate approved Manduka sales strategies as directed.
· Establish strong and authentic relationships with Manduka accounts in the territory through frequent visits and weekly communication.
· Maximize account opportunities by analyzing the business and working as a consultative partner with the accounts.
· Analyze retailer sales to incorporate insights into line presentations to buyers; create account specific recommended assortment plans
· Continuously identify new account and new revenue opportunities (Sales Pipeline). Maintain a list of pipeline opportunities for the territory.
· Drive both seasonal product sales, core product assortment sales, and ongoing at-once reorders of both seasonal and core products.
· Track performance by account on a LTM basis; utilize LTM data to pursue reorders.
· Follow CRM closed loop process via CRM system (NetSuite).
· Report on actualized sales against budget and prior year on a monthly basis providing insights on key business drivers.
· Prepare and analyze account recaps that include updated report on sales to goal and an overview of opportunities and challenges including any relevant and available selling reports.
· Keep abreast of competitive selling information.
· Requires 50%-70% travel time.
- Generate seasonal marketing plans using annual calendar to define activation strategies and tactics (inbound and outbound) for all customers. Track each program’s effectiveness and ensure programs evolve to meet market needs.
- Distribute marketing and product knowledge materials and track effectiveness. Provide feedback on ways we can improve materials.
- Share marketing programs with all accounts, including digital marketing kits, POP and other tools to help drive sell-through.
- Maintain and update seasonal images, copy, videos, etc. for ecommerce accounts.
- Work collaboratively with internal marketing partner to define and implement strategies.
- At least 5 years wholesale sales experience
· BA/BS degree
· Seasoned experience successfully independently managing accounts and a large customer base
- Strong knowledge of and established relationships within the industry
- Prefer, but not limited to, a yoga/athletic background
- Existing relationships with key accounts a plus
- Strong analytical and time management skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to successfully interact with all management levels
· Ability to conduct business with a solutions oriented approach (internally and externally)
· Demonstrated leadership qualities on a sales team: lead by example with professionalism, thorough and thoughtful communication, and prompt response times
· Ability to problem solve, understand impact, identify root cause, determine solutions and make recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint. NetSuite familiarity a plus.
- Basic understanding of retail math