Our client, Manduka, is seeking a talented Product Developer, Apparel to work in partnership with the Design Team to understand the creative direction and source viable fabrics and trims, manage costs, drive materials commercialization while achieving seasonal calendar deadlines.
In this role, you will:
· Proactively manage the design, fabric, fit and trim requirements relative to manufacturerability, performance, quality, cost, lead times, and minimums
· Achieve seasonal calendar deadlines
· Maintain and create pre-development WIP chart for transparency and executive review.
· Responsible for managing materials library as well as seasonal fabric list that includes costs, MOQs, technical specs, COO, care content, fiber make up, test results
· Be the point of contact for global mills
· Have knowledge of materials testing methodology
· Proficient with tech packs and CADs
What you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in materials science or Product Design, Art or related field with 1-5 years relevant experience in a design environment or apparel merchandising working with materials, textiles and/or color trends.
· At least 2 years experience in a Design-related role specific to the performance apparel or footwear business.
· Proven consumer knowledge – understands product and audience
· Technical expertise in evaluating materials test reports – ability to give direction with intent to solve
· Strong presentation, verbal, written and visual communication skills
· Relentless desire to seek out, source and develop unique materials that do not exist in the yoga market.
· Ability to work on multiple projects for multiple individuals.
· Leadership mindset and an ability to generate forward momentum
· Passion for sustainability and positive attitude