Our client in the Action Sports industry is looking for a temporary Art Director to start working immediately for 3 months and with the possibility to extend for a total of 6 months. Role is based out of their headquarters in Costa Mesa, CA. 9am- 5:30pm M-Thurs and 9am-1pm Fri.
As the Art Director, you will apply the marketing strategy, formulate concepts, execute and design against it for ad campaigns in print, film, outdoor and social. This role strives to bring recognition of the brand and market. You will work alongside your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product to translate the approved concepts to retail and packaging. Be prepared to bring your creativity to the table to design and layout catalogs, look books, and other print collateral. We are searching for an individual that stands out from the rest; one who catches our eyes with their confident demeanor and unwavering curiosity. We need someone who is a visionary with a stream of innovative ideas that will transform the action sports industry.
1. Takes the lead on seasonal product stories.
· Works with Integrated team to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
· Assists with photo shoots, both location and table top, including prep, styling, and editing.
2. Partners with marketing counterpart to understand consumer research.
· Presents concepts to senior creative personnel.
· Oversees studio to iterate approved concepts.
· Mentors junior creative staff.
3. Remains current on industry trends and technology.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· A minimum of an Associates (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A Bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
· 5+ years of design experience in an agency setting or design department is required.
· If no degree is possessed, then 7-8 years of related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
o Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
o Excellent comping skills
o Deep knowledge of graphic design and typography
o Awareness of current advertising, design, and fashion trends expected.
· Culturally connected within the Action Sports Industry strongly preferred