The Gymboree Corporation is the leading specialty children’s retailer with four brands: Gymboree, Gymboree Outlet, Crazy 8, and Janie & Jack. At The Gymboree Corporation, we pride ourselves on our ability to evolve with our customer at a rapid pace without sacrificing our commitment to our brands, our quality and our service. We take pride in hiring and retaining great people that are passionate about making a difference, learning fast and dreaming big.
The Technical Designer will be responsible for developing and maintaining a consistent level of quality and fit in our apparel and accessories that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
· Create spec packages including correct grade rules and non-standard construction details.
· Make recommendations to resolve potential production and cost issues while maintaining design and fit intent.
· Collaborate with business partners to understand the direction on design aesthetic and fit intent.
· Partner with agents/vendors to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities.
· Evaluate garment and pattern to adhere to original fit intent and determine the next steps.
· Communicate fit, construction and workmanship issues to vendors and will follow through on all issues during fit approval process.
· Establish block patterns/spec standards within product category to maintain brand integrity and size/fit consistency.
· Partner with Global Compliance to ensure that the product meets the Gymboree safety standards.
· Track and manage workflow to ensure deadline is met for each delivery per production calendar.
· Communicate clearly and professionally on a technical level with team and all business partners.
· AA or Certification in Patternmaking, Apparel Manufacturing or Design is required
· A minimum of 4-7 years of related experience
· Expertise in pattern making, including grading, construction and fit for multiple/complex products
· Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods/process
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills are essential
· Capable of handling multiple tasks and work with a keen sense of urgency
· Must have the ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
· Strong computer skills required (i.e. Momentis PDM, Adobe Illustrator, Optitex, MS Outlook/Office)