The Senior Accessories Designer will lead the Accessories Design Team and drive design process which includes conceptual direction, trends, fabrications, styling and execute to brand appropriate aesthetics for final product. This individual must have excellent leadership and collaboration skills, be able to mentor and develop the accessories design team and collaborate with graphics team on day to day development of lines. The ideal candidate will have experience working under tight calendars while successfully managing team in meeting deadlines. They will participate in competitive shopping and market research. The Senior Accessories Designer will also work closely with cross-functional partners in Tech Design, Merchandising and Production on execution and costs and ensure the integrity of the product is maintained through the entire design/production process.
- BA/BS degree with a minimum 9+ years design experience in the retail/children's apparel industry, with a focus on accessories is a must have
- Strong understanding of fabrics, construction, finishing and application
- Display strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems as well as manage a team of designers at various levels
- MAC skills required, specifically Word, Excel and email applications
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to work cross-functionally as well as independently
- Potential overseas travel