We are hiring for a temporary Design Production Artist & Colorist to work on-site in Alameda with our Outdoor friends! The assignment is for 3-6 months.
The primary responsibility of the Design Production Artist & Colorist (Sportswear) is to support the design team by applying graphic designs and color to apparel illustrations. This role supports the design team with presentations, color-up line and illustrations and any design work needed. The Design Production Artist & Colorist (Sportswear) should be comfortable working with and multiple functional areas including design, merchandising and development. Must have strong graphic design skills.
· Support design team with applying graphic design and color to apparel illustrations
· Responsible for all aspects color usage and selection including logs and trims according to the Global Color Strategy.
· Build knowledge of core materials palette and understand how each is imbedded in the line, how they share across the line and how color/print can be applied.
· Maintain grids with most accurate apparel illustrations. Ensure Cad files are available for cross function teams to build seasonal documentation.
· Coordination with cross function team around calendar dates to ensure Cad files are correct and available for major calendar deadlines.
· Act as liaison between Design and Product development and communicate changes in colors that may affect the BOM.
· Overall, support the design team in meeting presentation and production deadlines as they relate to the seasonal calendar.
1-3+ years of related experience
Bachelor’s Degree in apparel design, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2+ years working with illustration, design, multimedia and page-layout software on a Mac. Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop).
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Experience with graphic art, illustration, photo editing, web design, color design, or animation a plus.
Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage multiple competing work priorities.
Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Experience communicating messages and ideas with images instead of words.
Ability to prioritize tasks and work well with multiple business partners.
Accuracy, and results oriented: good attention to details and deadlines.
Great with following up with others and follow through on projects.
Ability to independently seek information and trouble shoot. Ask questions for understanding and clarification.
Apparel and high-volume production experience is preferred.