The Textile/Print Designer will develop prints from concept through to pre-production. Must have a CREATIVE and technical spirit, love aesthetic qualities, and be able to develop beautiful, saleable prints.
· Print, Pattern and Yarn Dye Design.
· Custom Print Development.
· Scanning and cleaning 1-8 color prints, re-colorings, flats, color matching, graphics, repeats, texture mapping and palette building.
· Printing design layouts on treated fabrics through the use of in house printers.
· Maintaining and tracking all artwork developed within CAD department.
· Assisting the Print Designer and textile team in creating concept and print boards.
· Keep up to date on international trends in color and print design.
· Keep up to date with new software and upgrades. Attend applicable training classes and or seminars.
· 3 - 5 years’ experience with Kaledo and Adobe suite in a high volume detail oriented studio, or fashion company.
· Excellent color matching skills.
· Experience with the weave and stripe modules of the software, building yarn dyes correct to construction and proportion.
· Working knowledge of the latest releases of Photoshop, Illustrator and or Quark as they relate to digital surface design.
· Is current with market trends as they relate to the brand.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
· Fluent with advanced features such as texture mapping and knit design.
· Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
· Bachelor’s Degree in Textile or Fashion Design, or related work experience in digital textile design.