Our client in SF is looking for a temporary Technical Designer to work with their team at HQ. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a consistent level of quality and fit in their apparel and accessories that exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Create spec packages including correct grade rules and non-standard construction details.
- Make recommendations to resolve potential production and cost issues while maintaining design and fit intent.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand the direction on design aesthetic and fit intent.
- Partner with agents/vendors to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities.
- Evaluate garment and pattern to adhere to original fit intent and determine the next steps.
- Communicate fit, construction and workmanship issues to vendors and will follow through on all issues during fit approval process.
- Establish block patterns/spec standards within product category to maintain brand integrity and size/fit consistency.
- Partner with Global Compliance to ensure that the product meets the safety standards.
- Track and manage workflow to ensure deadline is met for each delivery per production calendar.
- Communicate clearly and professionally on a technical level with team and all business partners.
- AA or Certification in Patternmaking, Apparel Manufacturing or Design is required
- A minimum of 4-7 years related experience
- Expertise in pattern making, including grading, construction and fit for multiple/complex products
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods/process
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills are essential
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and work with a keen sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong computer skills required (i.e. Momentis PDM, Adobe Illustrator, Optitex, MS Outlook/Office)