The Gymboree Corporation is the leading specialty children’s retailer with four brands: Gymboree, Gymboree Outlet, Crazy 8, and Janie & Jack. At The Gymboree Corporation, we pride ourselves on our ability to evolve with our customer at a rapid pace without sacrificing our commitment to our brands, our quality and our service. We take pride in hiring and retaining great people that are passionate about making a difference, learning fast and dreaming big.
The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the strategy, cost, quality and delivery goals for Woven product lines.
- Establish and communicate a departmental placement strategy based on placement history, garment trends, new sourcing opportunities and changing needs of the business.
- Source and develop new agents, countries and factories to support business needs. The Production Manager will manage the relationships with key vendors and agents for the department.
- Manage all costing responsibilities, which include the negotiation of costs, setting of costing targets and preparation of high level pre-costing analysis. S/he will also be responsible for managing all placement strategies.
- Oversee the in-season production processes while keeping all cross-functional teams updated on production status, approvals and deliveries.
- The Production Manager will be responsible for the training and development of one or more direct reports.
Job Requirements :
- BA with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience with a vertically integrated retailer. Previous managerial experience required
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in price negotiating, problem solving and the management of delivery schedules and production space
- This person must have extensive experience managing relationships with vendors and agents as well as with internal partners. Travel potential, including the Far East
- The candidate must possess strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment