The Gymboree Corporation is the leading specialty children’s retailer with four brands: Gymboree, Gymboree Outlet, Crazy 8, and Janie & Jack. At The Gymboree Corporation, we pride ourselves on our ability to evolve with our customer at a rapid pace without sacrificing our commitment to our brands, our quality and our service. We take pride in hiring and retaining great people that are passionate about making a difference, learning fast and dreaming big.
The Associate Fabric Manager is responsible for Knit fabric and wash developments for a division of the Gymboree brands.
This role is responsible for managing the fabric development and price negotiations seasonally. The individual will develop and maintain fabric supplier and mill relationships for their respective brand. The Associate Fabric Manager will also be responsible for managing calendar deadlines and development tracking, as well as the handling of daily communication with internal business partners, Mills and overseas agents. This person will provide support to the Knit PD team.
- Manage the development of seasonal fabrics for the Knit category
- Utilize technical expertise to translate design intent; cost engineer knit fabrics within brand’s parameters
- Troubleshoot development issues and work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues quickly
- Gather and negotiate fabric costs from nominated and vertical mill base
- Recommend best print and wash techniques
- Track development, wash and strike off submissions
- Build and maintain relationships with mills, suppliers, agents and cross-functional partners
- Maintain fabric/wash libraries and database
- Manage development calendar and tools to ensure all deadlines are met
- Daily communication with overseas mills and agents
- BA/BS Degree in Product Development, Textiles or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years in the technical fabric field with experience in children’s or adult apparel required
- Domestic as well as overseas fabric sourcing and negotiating experience required
- Knowledge in fabric construction, printing, dyeing techniques, testing and wash
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to adjust to the current needs of a fast-paced, dynamic department
- Strong PC skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Knit experience is a must have