Manduka is looking for a seasoned Director of Distribution and Logistics to continuously improve and manage daily global distribution and logistics operations. Driving scalability while maintaining best-in-class cost structure is key. The Director will be the primary point contact for third party logistics carriers and be responsible for managing dropship programs from origin to international distributor locations in the APAC and EMEA regions.
Leading a team of 25+ employees and reporting into the Vice President of Operations, the Director will also manage touch points with the US and EU Distribution Center managers, the Sales team, the Finance & Accounting team, the Product Development team and the Planning team. It is critical that the Director has the demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders and team members. Being proactive and solutions-oriented is a must.
The position is based in Carson, CA and will require time to be spent on a weekly basis at our headquarters in El Segundo, CA.
For more than 20 years, Manduka has built a reputation as the world's most respected yoga brand. Known for its legendary PRO Mat, Manduka creates high performance yoga mats, yoga towels, bags, props, and women's and men’s fitness apparel.
Designed by yogis and trusted by teachers worldwide, carefully selected and sustainable materials are paired with thoughtful design to create innovative products that allow a community of 4,000+ yoga studios, 700+ yoga ambassadors and over 2 million customers across the globe to deepen their practice.
- Develop and execute a scalable, cost-conscious global distribution and logistics operating strategy
- Manage day-to-day distribution and logistics operations in US, EU and other regions as required
- Develop standard operating procedures for all aspects of inbound, replenishment and outbound distribution operations
- Develop standard operating procedures for all aspects of inbound, outbound and dropship logistics operations
- Serve as the liaison between sales operations and distribution centers (DCs) on all traffic and quote related matters
- Responsible for export shipping documents, document retention and duty drawback program
- Manage internal compliance programs related to meeting our wholesale customers’ distribution and logistics requirements
- Manage global distribution and logistics budget and reduce category spend as a percentage of sales
- Negotiate rates and execute sourcing activities for inbound and outbound carriers and distribution related vendors
- Identify and analyze continuous improvement opportunities throughout our global distribution and logistics network
- Manage freight audit program
- Develop and manage distribution and logistics KPIs across regions and vendors
- Lead distribution and logistics related IT implementations
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with internally managed and 3PL-managed distribution centers in the US, EU and key Asia markets such as China, Korea and Japan
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with global inbound and outbound logistics, including small parcel, LTL, LCL, FTL, FCL, air, ocean and dropships
- Proficient with ERP, WMS and OMS systems (NetSuite is a plus). Experience leading technology-driven supply chain improvements is required.
- Familiarity with advanced trade compliance and customs brokerage
- Superlative analytics skills combined with a keen ability to set goals and achieve them
- Demonstrated ability to scale operations in a rapidly growing company while containing costs
- Lean, Six Sigma or APICS certification holders preferred
- BS/BA required
- Professional communication skills with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to properly follow through on deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to find suitable solutions for logistic issues
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop team members
- Ability to travel up to 25% of overall schedule