The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for developing and maintaining Manduka’s Warehousing, Logistics, Quality, Procurement, and Supply Chain departments through the design, development, and implementation of systems, processes, and developing staff. In addition, the Vice President of Operations will be expected to provide leadership that will invoke a culture of quality and continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of Procurement and Supply Chain.
- Manage vendor deliveries, quality issues, inventories, lead-times, costs, and non-conformance
- Oversee Operational responsibilities regarding the review and approval of drawings and changes; implement changes into production procedures and processes.
- Report on production status with vendors.
- Establish an organization structure by assigning responsibilities; delegating authority; recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Oversee warehousing and logistics teams.
- Develop and implement operations financial strategies, including budgets and cost controls.
- Recommend changes to existing policies necessary to improve the conduct and profitability.
- Establish quality standards, methods, facilities, policies, and procedures
- Create and revise systems and procedures
- Maintains warehousing and logistics staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Continual improvement of the quality management systems effectiveness through eliminating waste and implementing process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Technical undergraduate degree (e.g. engineering, mathematics, computer science) preferred
- Management experience in the consumer goods industry preferred
- Experience in warehousing, logistics, and supply chain
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to influence others without formal authority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in developing successful strategies for business growth
- Proven track record of consistent top line revenue and profitability growth
- Practical knowledge of Traditional manufacturing as well as Lean manufacturing and “kaizens”
- Lean (LBC) Sensei or Lean six sigma Black Belt.