We are looking for a VP, Sales & GM to grow and manage Manduka’s expansion for sales channels in North America (NA), Asia Pacific (APAC) and Rest of World (RoW). In this role, the VP, Sales & GM, NA, APAC & RoW will develop strategy and engage in business development activities. Providing strong, collaborative partnership with internal departments including Marketing and Product, stakeholders and customers is critical in leading the Sales, Sales Operations and Customer Service teams to execute upon plans and achieve revenue targets. The executive must have wholesale experience, be entrepreneurial, and have a high level of self-awareness and proven success in leading, inspiring and developing sales teams.
For more than 20 years, Manduka has built a reputation as the world's most respected yoga brand. Known for its legendary PRO Mat, Manduka creates high performance yoga mats, yoga towels, bags, props, and women's and men’s fitness apparel.
Designed by yogis and trusted by teachers worldwide, carefully selected and sustainable materials are paired with thoughtful design to create innovative products that allow a community of 4,000+ yoga studios, 700+ yoga ambassadors and over 2 million customers across the globe to deepen their practice.
Strategy & Business Development
· Grow wholesale and direct-to-consumer sales channels for existing and new business for NA, APAC & RoW
· Proactively identify business development opportunities aligned to strategic objectives. Develop plans, implement and execute to completion.
· Monitor and review analytics related to customers, market and competitor activity to inform strategy on expanding the business and improving customer satisfaction
· Respond to negative performance trends by performing root cause analysis and determining, developing and driving plans on corrective actions
· Manage ongoing KPI performance to ensure ROI of investments in current and new markets
· Manage budgets and P&L for businesses across NA, APAC & RoW
Leadership & Execution
· Create a culture of success for ongoing business and goal achievement
· Lead and manage Sales, Sales Operations and Customer Service teams to deliver profitable growth
· Advise leadership team to review and adjust company goals and objectives based on market needs and performance for new and existing business
· Partner effectively with Product, Marketing and Operations, providing reports and objectives with a goal of achieving revenue goals for each channel and territory
· Build, develop and manage key relationships with customers and partners
· Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
· Define compensation incentive programs for sales team members that motivate the team to achieve their sales targets
· Design and execute sales training programs that enable team members to achieve their potential and support sales and business objectives
· Define sales processes to drive desired sales outcomes. Improve infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function.
· Work closely with Marketing department to establish successful support, regional and partner programs
· 10+ years of experience successfully leading sales teams, including sales analytics and sales operational functions
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively partner with and influence others without formal authority
· 10+ years of business development experience
· Proven experience as a VP, Sales or GM running a territory
· Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in developing successful strategies for business growth
· Proven track record of consistent top line revenue and profitability growth
· Understanding of the modern consumer and sales channel conflict. Ability to optimize growth in each channel.
· Seasoned experience working in wholesale and e-commerce environments; consumer goods industry preferred
· Ability to problem-solve, understand impact, identify root cause, determine resolution and make recommendations
· Strong understanding of the yoga, fitness and/or wellness space
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and strategic skills
· Domestic and international experience
· Strong knowledge and established relationships within the industry
· Ability to travel approx. 30%
· BA/BS degree in Business or related field, MBA preferred
· Tech savvy
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Experience with CRM; experience with NetSuite is a plus