Job Description: The GM, will be responsible for driving merchandise strategies and execution of product goals to maximize business profitability and meet the company product, sales and gross margin objectives. The GM will influence product assortment, initiate pricing strategies, and act as the main point of contact to drive the brand forward. They will lead the merchandising and design teams.
- Focus on the success of the brand by having a clear product point of view and a plan to execute that vision
- Partner with executive team and peers to roll all department goals into the larger company goals
- Train merchants to continually seek strong sell through via key items and to a attain a high gross margin performance
- Oversee the merchandising team to ensure that operational efficiency, product assortment, financial, and creative goals are met.
- Coach/mentor all merchandisers by providing feedback and guidance on best-practices and prioritize tasks to ensure efficient use of resources
- Implement new product initiatives and continually assessing product assortment and classifications.
- Work with cross functional team members in Design, Planning & Allocation, Operations, Marketing, and Visual departments to develop product or promotional strategies.
- Weekly business review and product recapping to chase opportunities and inform future season strategy/product development and partners with Planning and Allocation teams to execute.
- Shares information cross-brand and cross-channel where appropriate.
- Partner with Product Development, Production and Planning / Allocation teams to develop and execute the necessary seasonal calendar
Business and Strategy
- Develop product strategies and prioritizes tasks to support company financial targets
- Establish assortment mix to achieve annual/seasonal financial plans
- Analyzes market hind-sighting and provides finding to all product teams across all divisions for continuous improvement.
- Assess the strengths of competitors to improve assortment and pricing strategies to remain completive
- Liaison with finance and executive team to develop short and long range price structure evaluation process to maximize profitability
Job Requirements :
- BFA or BA in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field preferred
- Must have 15+ years of overall Buying/Merchandising experience, with extensive experience in a management role
- Must have 6-8 years of experience as Multi-category manager, overseeing both the creative and financial aspects of merchandising
- Experience as a Merchandising Manager in multiple product lines is essential
- Must have extensive experience in product development, trend forecasting, and have a deep knowledge of product design, fabrics, and colors
- Must be able to adapt to constant change and multi-task in a highly ambiguous environment
- Must be results oriented and have excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- Must have complete knowledge of kids/baby apparel market