The Director, Social Media is responsible for the strategic development and execution of social media and digital initiatives, including developing and managing viral social marketing campaigns, creating and supervising high-profile social channels, curating user-generated content and integrating social media into the overall business strategy.
Reporting to the President, this person will work closely with a cross-functional group to create and drive a social media strategy that supports the brand. The position ensures our social media and consumer-generated content is fully integrated with other marketing and operational efforts across the brand.
- Formulate a grand vision and social media strategy for the company through original campaigns, content and creative development, strategic partnerships, influencer relations, and collaboration with internal marketing teams and outside agencies.
- Be the thought leader and expert voice on the ever-changing social media landscape. Monitor trends and make recommendations to senior leadership on how to develop advanced social media capabilities including talent, skills, tools and platforms.
- Lead the cross functional teams to develop brand right, digital media campaigns taking into consideration key performance indicators and added value opportunities.
- Create and execute social media content and content calendar that will engage, grow, and convert followers.
- Drive internal analytics to measure the impact of all media on the overall marketing efforts and establish common metrics and benchmarks.
- Serve as the liaison between creative teams and channels to tailor social media and community strategies, to ensure consistent, but optimized, tone and message.
- Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns, ensuring customer acquisition and supporting key marketing initiatives including social media-driven sweepstakes, promotions, and offers on all relevant social platforms.
- Work closely with website operations and IT on the development of new social site enhancements (Facebook Connect, Pin for Points, etc.) as well as help build the brand’s blog.
- Work closely with Digital team in development and distribution of content to help improve rankings and gain page one rankings on the SERP (search engine results page) for our social environments (ex. Facebook, Pinterest, You Tube. Etc.)
- Provide ongoing professional development of direct reports.
· 5 years’ experience as industry thought leader and innovator in the area of social media across multiple platforms and channels, with relevant digital marketing and social experience.
· Background working with the retail industry or a multi-unit company with a field organization (ie; fashion, entertainment, consumer package goods, etc.)
· Demonstrable experience of communicating across major social platforms
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
· Dynamic leader with ability to motivate & develop multiple direct reports, communicate effectively & persuasively with others, and establish credibility with senior management
· Must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· College degree prefered