• Create spec packages including correct grade rules and non-standard construction details.
• Make recommendations to resolve potential production and cost issues while maintaining design and fit intent.
• Collaborate with business partners to understand the direction on design aesthetic and fit intent.
• Partner with agents/vendors to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities.
• Evaluate garment and pattern to adhere to original fit intent and determine the next steps.
• Effectively communicate fit, construction and workmanship issues to vendors. Follow through on all issues during fit approval process.
• Establish block patterns/spec standards within product category to maintain brand integrity and size/fit consistency.
• Partner with Global Compliance to ensure that the product meets the Gymboree safety standards.
• Track and manage workflow to ensure deadline is met for each delivery per production calendar.
• Minimum Education - AA or Certification in Patternmaking, Apparel Manufacturing, Design
• 7-10 years related experience
• Expertise in pattern making including grading, construction and fit for multiple/complex products
• Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods/process
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
• Capable of handling multiple tasks and work with a keen sense of urgency
• Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
• Strong computer skills required (i.e. Momentis PDM, Adobe Illustrator, Optitex, MS Outlook/Office)