We're looking for a Los Angeles-based creative, passionate and experienced designer for men’s headwear, cold weather and bags with a deep understanding of product construction. Strong graphic design experience is very advantageous. 3+ years of experience designing these specific accessory categories is REQUIRED (with portfolio).
Our client is a private label manufacturing firm that designs and manufactures accessories for top active, outdoor, skate and street brands as well as junior chains and contemporary retailers. They have offices in NY, LA, SF and Shanghai, and have been in the business for nearly 50 years.
Experience working with licenses / brands is a major plus.
The ability to identify trends and translate them for our diverse customer base is essential.
Candidate MUST have outstanding Illustrator and Photoshop skills.
Experience communicating with overseas factories is a plus.
Technical knowledge of various product categories and the ability to create detailed tech packs is an integral part of the job.
If you are looking for a creative, friendly and fun environment to showcase your talents this could be the place for you.
- Market and trend research
- Actively participate in the conceptual development of product lines; work directly with customers
- Communicate daily with overseas factories to track product development.
- Creating and manipulate colors, prints and graphics within Photoshop and Illustrator
- Graphic presentations for brands.
- CAD & Planogram presentations
- Ensure design packages are complete and accurate
- Execute corrections as needed; works with merchandising and production to find appropriate solutions to cost and/ or construction issues
- Create highly detailed drawings and sketches for technical purposes
- Work with merchandising and sales teams to assist in determining sales needs and opportunities
- Works well in a fast paced, team environment
- Superb Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Bachelors Degree in Design or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years industry experience (Knit/ Woven/ Print)
- Spec & Tech Pack Development
- Strong sense of color & print
- Technical knowledge of knit, woven, cut & sew accessory construction.
- Technical knowledge of bag design and construction.
- Experience in product photography and/ or web design a plus
Please submit portfolio with resume.