Graphic Designer: Crazy 8
Graphic Designer (GD) sits within Brand Creative Services (BCS), responsible for producing all marketing needs for Crazy 8, globally. BCS is responsible for all photography, campaign development, window and in-store signage, direct mail, print advertising, packaging and store support–related design needs. GD works lock–step with the web team, providing brand creative direction and assets. GD is managed by the Sr. Manager of Design (SMD).
· in concert with Sr. Manager of Design (SMD), evolves Crazy 8 brand typography, layout and photo art direction across windows/in-store, ads, direct mail, email/web, social and packaging
· Following the creative process, GD creates for the range of print marketing projects for Crazy 8. Starting with seasonal kick-off and brainstorming meetings, GD creates and presents multiple directions for the seasonal look-and-feel that guide the creation of every seasonal project
· Develops creative look/feel all external marketing needs (national advertising, direct mail, etc.)
· Collaborates with Visual team to coordinate signage needs and any, seasonal prop needs
· Delivers creative direction and assets for email and web marketing and social
· Develops and maintains brand standards
· Presents work at weekly creative review meetings to Leadership, framing work with the creative objective, giving context to what was done previously and when it goes live
· In concert with SMD, participates in photography retouching process, including image selects, retouching notes, and controlling quality on rounds of retouching
· Attends and actively participates in all departmental status meetings and touch base meetings. Keeps SMD updated on project status, initiatives and key issues.
· Prints and trims large format posters and presentation materials
BCS is a tight and nimble team working in an extraordinarily fast-paced retail environment where workload and expectations are high and deadlines are tight.
· Design experience in both print and digital mediums, at agency, design firm, and/or
in-house creative department with supervisory experience preferred
· Retail experience preferred
· Must have skill excellence in typography and an elevated aesthetic
· Must have strong presentation skills
· Must have great attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external business partners
· Must maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Must have expert knowledge of Adobe CS (with skill excellence in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop,) Microsoft Office and Mac OS
· BA/BS degree in graphic design (or equivalent)