The Associate Technical Designer (Temp/Freelance) is an individual contributor position responsible for executing the technical design process from 1st Proto Sample Development to Final Fit. This position works collaboratively in partnership with Designers, Product Developers and Factories to communicate the Designer’s vision through patterns, samples and garment specifications for designated product categories.
You will maintain the integrity of the brand while ensuring that products are developed in a manner consistent with established fits, quality standards, manufacturer capabilities and cost specifications for Men’s, Women’s and Boy’s apparel. Your work experience, product knowledge and skills will support and leverage the company’s continual quest to innovate and elevate.
Essential Functions of this Role:
- Prepare and measure incoming samples and fit models for fit sessions and meetings.
- Coordinate, create, send and track Fit Schedules with Fit Models, Agencies, Technical Designers, Designers and Developers.
- Maintain, organize and track incoming and outgoing samples for the department.
- Assist Technical Design Team when developing and updating the garment technical specifications using PLM to complete Design Tech Packs using block patterns and Market Samples.
- Daily organization and upkeep of Fit Comments and Technical Records from 1st Proto Sample through Bulk Production.
- Interface with Technical Design and Product Development Team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Adherence to Product Development Calendars and SOPs, to ensure timely completion of Fit Comments to internal teams and Factories.
- College Degree in Fashion/Apparel Design (emphasis on: Apparel Production, Patternmaking & Fit) or, equivalent experience.
- 0-1 year experience in Apparel Technical Design, or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of garment fitting, construction and patternmaking.
- Attention to detail, accurate and articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Accountable to follow through on a task from beginning to end.
- Proactive, self-motivated, problem solving and results oriented with a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to adhere to Product Development Calendar.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook (or, equivalent), Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM (or, equivalent); able to operate Digital Camera.
This on-site freelance jobs starts 4/24/17 through 6/24/17 with the possibility for an additional 6 months.