Associate Accessory/Bag Designer Job Description.
• Minimum 2+ years of handbag/bag design experience. Belt experience a plus.
• Follow, interpret, and forecast brand-appropriate trends and key silhouettes.
• Expertise in Adobe Software Programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.)
• Candidate must be highly creative, and can understand/interpret trends for a
broad base of customers.
• Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of materials (both natural and synthetic), trims, and sampling
• Strong communication skills-- verbal and written.
• Strong time management skills, attention to detail and extremely organized.
• Must be able to lift 30-40lbs boxes and climb a ladder.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• College degree in fashion design, textile design, industrial design or
production related fields preferred.
• Work with Sr. Designer and Merchants to identify product trends. Develop
and refine seasonal concepts, materials and hardware, and color palette for
handbag/sports bags/belts collections.
• Support Sr. Designer in creating sketches and product prototypes.
• Create concept packets/trend boards, computer render (sketch) designs, and
create tech packs exclusively in Illustrator.
• Review correspondence with factories, review quality and construction on
samples and provide feedback to vendors.
• Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all tech packs are completed
accurately and delivered to vendors on time; ensure all prototypes are
available for product presentation.
• Partner cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sourcing (HK office), and
• Assist in managing Design Intern(s).
• MUST be able to wear multiple hats while working in a fluid environment while
still meeting tight deadlines.