We are looking for a unique individual who brings a combination of fashion and technical performance design.
The Director of Design and Product Innovation will be responsible for bringing the vision of the brand to life through innovative, trend-right and brand-right designs that solve problems revolving around the convergence of fashion and performance apparel. The Director of Design and Product Innovation will lead and manage all areas of the design department. We are looking for a designer who brings a strong point of view built on your own inspiration and ideas. The Director of Design and Product innovation must have the ability to understand the needs of our customers and to create truly disruptive product, from ideation to reality.
The Successful Candidate will:
● Lead the creative design vision and manage execution of all men’s and women’s product.
● Ensure all new and current innovations fall in line with our mission of solving problems through technical apparel that is also fashionable.
● Lead all areas of product lifecycle by managing fabric development through to product development.
● Set standards for obsessive attention to detail at all levels of the product design, presentation, and spec pack creation.
● Manage the technical design/quality assurance team and ultimately responsibility for all adopted styles in regard to aesthetics, fit, construction, and quality.
● Create and manage beta test groups, as well as customer feedback systems.
● Demonstrate high communication skills for both interpersonal relationships and presentations – the ability to influence all cross functional partners to deliver unrivaled product on time and on target.
● Mentor, give direction and share design expertise with direct reports and the team to retain, develop, and inspire direct reports.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
● A College Degree – BS/BA in Apparel/Fashion Design.
● 8+ years of hands on design experience
● Experience in performance, technical or athletic apparel.
● Experience in bottoms and/or denim.
● Strong organizational skills – proficiency in Microsoft applications
● CAD proficiency – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or CAD software a must
● Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional team environment
● Experience working in a shifting and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input.
● Experience managing multi-level high functioning teams.