The Apparel Graphic/Textile Designer – Boy, will be responsible for creating whimsical, novelty prints and graphics. This person will support the graphics design process and work closely with the Designers, Merchandise Managers, and production partners.
· Participate in pre-concept meetings with the design team to create well balanced, saleable lines
· Shop the market and conduct creative research for new ideas and development processes. This person will also design original prints and artwork, and contribute ideas to design partner regarding color and placement
· Re-coloring existing prints and artwork as well as be responsible for making recommendations of purchased artwork
· Producing mill sheets for textiles as well as creating color ways and repeats and will be responsible for technical instructions for factories/vendors to produce fabric prints. This person will make changes to prints and artwork and prepare legal copyright paperwork
· BA/BS degree with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the children’s retail/apparel design industry a must have
· Experience with a variety of print and graphic design techniques a plus.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems.
· MAC skills required, specifically Photoshop, Freehand or Illustrator. AVL a plus (or other proprietary CAD applications).
· Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to work independently as well as with a team.