Our client, a cutting edge print activewear company, is searching for a Textile / Engineered Print Designer to contribute to creating the print trend, direction and original artworks relative to the seasonal concepts and appropriate for their ideal customer.
- Presents and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, graphics for new/existing product lines.
- Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on managerial skills to plan and accomplish goals.
- Research industry trends, market competitors, and trade shows for new materials, colors and design trends. EXPERT color sense
- Collaborate with the Sr Designer & team to develop original artworks and layouts (engineered, repeats, etc.) appropriate for concept direction and iconic to the WITH brand
- Review strike-offs and development samples for approval
- Collaborate with the Development team to manage lead-time and ensure calendar deadlines are met
- Present print development for merchant review at Sales Meeting
- Attend benchmark meetings as specified
- Assist in Design/ Development duties when needed.
- Flat sketch adopted styles in Illustrator
- Create design tech packs for new style development
- Develop line sheet
- Highly creative with the ability to recognize and forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the customer
- Experience in designing original artworks and layouts (engineered, repeats, etc.)
- Technical knowledge of print development & techniques as well as industry print manufacturing processes, specifically in digital.
- Energetic team player with excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with other departments
- STRONG leadership, organizational, follow-up, and multitasking skills
- Detail oriented; Ability to switch gears easily and take direction
- Sense of urgency and intuitive sense of priorities
- Fluent in English. Spanish speaking a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite (must be proficient in Photoshop & Illustrator) and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic, Textile, or Apparel Design
- Must have 4+ years’ experience in Textile Design or Apparel Design related field
- Familiar with patternmaking and sewing
- Activewear/Athleisure background a plus