- Work with Sr. Designer and Merchants to identify product trends. Assist in developing and refining seasonal concepts, materials, hardware, and color palette for handbag/sport bags/belts collections.
- Support Sr. Designer in creating sketches and product prototypes.
- Help to create concept packets/trend boards, computer render (sketch) designs, and create tech packs exclusively in Illustrator.
- Review correspondence with factories, review quality and construction on samples and provide feedback to vendors.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all tech packs are completed accurately and delivered to vendors on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation.
- Maintaining and organizing belt and handbag archives by account and/or category.
- Organize and update materials library.
- Assist with preparation for account meetings and presentations.
- File samples and fabric cards.
- Partner cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sourcing (Hong Kong office), and Production.
- MUST be able to wear multiple hats while working in a fluid environment while still meeting tight deadlines.
- Previously completed a year-long internship or looking to make a lateral move.
- Follow, interpret, and forecast brand-appropriate trends and key silhouettes.
- Strong communication skills-- verbal and written.
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Must be able to lift 30 - 40lbs boxes and climb a ladder.
- Preferably already a Bay Area resident
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- College degree in fashion design, textile design, industrial design or production related fields preferred.